About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

You can CAN happiness







I am grateful today for the time and effort my husband put into growing our vegetable garden this summer. Mike built a cute picket fence with a gate around our garden space so Wallace the #$@# eating puppy would not ruin it.
We planted tomatoes, bell and Jalapeno peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, beets, onions, and we enjoyed the first season of our black Manooka grapes. Mike made sure the garden was weed free, and watered and I would sneak out once a week with the fertilizer. Mike gushed with pride when he would bring in the fresh vegetables.
We were able to can tomatoes, green beans, beets, salsa, pickled green tomatoes (delicious on a burger), and had zucchini this and zucchini that for 2 months.
Now when I look in the storage room and see the beautiful jars of vegetables I know we will have delicious meals through the winter thanks to our hard work this summer.



3 comments:

Lori Villarreal said...

That is absolutely beautiful vickie. You should be so proud of yourself! I wish I could can with you! I Love you sister

Me said...

Those tomatoes are beautiful, Vickie! I want to try some of thos pickled tomatoes, those sound wonderful! Good work!

Erin. said...

Yes, yes, you CAN can happiness!! I just finished off my apples today with another 14 quarts applesauce and 14 quarts apple pie filling...they look beautiful in the jars...almost too good to eat! I'm glad that you're proud of your hard work. You're awesome!