About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

That's so granola



I want to share this recipe for Cranberry Pecan Granola. This is yummy with milk warmed in the microwave for one minute, or in yogurt. Hope you like it.
Cranberry Pecan Granola
7 cups oats
2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup pecans
1 cup craisins
1/2 cup raisins
mix dry ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
in a medium sauce pan combine:
1 cup honey
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup water
1 T. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
bring to boil stirring occasionally and mix with dry ingredients.
Bake on large cook sheet @ 300 degrees for one hour. Turn granola over with spatula @ 30 minutes. Let cool. Store in cool, dry place.

2 comments:

Lori Villarreal said...

your so Handy Man! You are so awesome Till tuesday

Sassy said...

This recipe looks wonderful and I will have to try it...please forgive me for blog stalking...but I found you off of Lori's and Shawny talks of you so often and I feel as if I know all of you...I ♥ that girl with all my ♥...she has been a blessing in our lives. I love your scrap room...soooo cute!