Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.
This is my sweet, handsome, kind, hilarious son Tristan. He will be 16 in a few short hours. I cannot believe how fast time has flown and that Tristan is a young man. I remember when he was born and we took him home from the hospital and he slept, and slept, and slept! Mike and I called the hospital to ask the nurses if we should be concerned because he would not wake up even to eat. The nurse told us: "I don't think anything is wrong, I think you just got a good one". I agree with the nurse, we got a good one! I love you Tristan and I am blessed to have you for a son.
Tomorrow my quilting friends and I are having a Bee. I am in charge of dessert. Here it is - Pioneer Woman's Red Velvet cake. BEAUTIFUL if I don't say so myself.
Besides making the Red Velvet beauty I finished 3 squares of my Hobo quilt.
Today was a favorite day for me. I was able to do so many things that bring me joy:
1. went for a walk in the cold winter air
2. listened to Sugarland while walking
3. went to lunch with my Mononucleosis ridden son Cotton
4. let my 15 year old son Tristan drive me from the high school to Broadbent's and then home
5. watched a tiny bit of Nate Burkis' show, he is the handsome-est gay man I know
6. made Pioneer Woman lasagna for my family for dinner
7. baked a cake from scratch and licked the cream cheese frosting off of the decorating knife
8. worked in my sewing room
9. ate dinner with my family
10. Asked my 13 year old son why he is failing classes at school, oops, this is not a favorite
11. Now I am going to watch t.v. with my cute husband,say my prayers and go to bed
I would love to have every day be like today. Take care.
Well today is my 43rd birthday. My oldest son Cotton shares this day with me, he was born on my 25th birthday.
I got up this morning and drove down to the cemetery and walked for 35 minutes. What an awesome way to start your 43rd birthday - I recommend it to everyone!
I finished my walk and proceeded to my car to stretch. While stretching I looked down at my shoes and noticed I had two different shoes on. Giggled out loud to myself and the headstones. I hope this isn't a sign of how my 43rd year will be. Have a great day!