About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Red Velvet and Hobo squares

Tomorrow my quilting friends and I are having a Bee.  I am in charge of dessert.  Here it is - Pioneer Woman's Red Velvet cake.  BEAUTIFUL if I don't say so myself.

Besides making the Red Velvet beauty I finished 3 squares of my Hobo quilt.
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C
Today was a favorite day for me.  I was able to do so many things that bring me joy:
1.  went for a walk in the cold winter air
2.  listened to Sugarland while walking
3.  went to lunch with my Mononucleosis ridden son Cotton
4.  let my 15 year old son Tristan drive me from the high school to Broadbent's and then home
5.  watched a tiny bit of Nate Burkis' show, he is the handsome-est gay man I know
6.  made Pioneer Woman lasagna for my family for dinner
7.  baked a cake from scratch and licked the cream cheese frosting off of the decorating knife
8.  worked in my sewing room
9.  ate dinner with my family
10.  Asked my 13 year old son why he is failing classes at school, oops, this is not a favorite
11.  Now I am going to watch t.v. with my cute husband,say my prayers and go to bed

I would love to have every day be like today.  Take care.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Yep. That day sounds lik a keeper! Beautiful cake, beautiful blocks!