About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Toot your own horn

Cotton wit Mr. Mangleson (Mango)


Yesterday I snuck up to the new Smith's marketplace in Lehi where the Lehi High School Jazz Band is performing for the Grand opening. Cotton and his fellow jazz band members were there right as you walk in the front of the store and they sounded great!

I love watching Cotton do something that he loves and that makes him feel that he is part of a great thing. I never knew a young man could be so grateful for a new mute to use with his trumpet. (Did I just type mute?) I never knew that I would be so excited to know what a mute for a trumpet is.

I am grateful for Mango the band teacher who takes much time to help these young men and women succeed.

The Jazz band will be going to New Orleans in April and Cotton is doing many fundraisers and we are trying to save money to help him get there. What a wonderful opportunity.


1 comment:

Lori Villarreal said...

cotton you look so oldddddddd. You are so handsome and I am so proud of you ! You are awesome