About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tristan's first shave



Mike told Tristan last summer that he could grow a beard and musthache as long as he kept his hair short and clean.
Tristan loved this idea, it made him think of Forrest Gump's beard. He had one long hair on the end of his chin and I wanted to pluck it when the light caught it just right. Then all of a suddent there were 3 chin hairs... Tristan felt quite manly.
And the mustache and side burns?, they were growing nicely in their blonde, soft glory.
Well, yesterday I was in the kitchen and Mike ran in like an excited child on Christmas morning whispering, "Vickie, I got Tristan to shave!" He grabbed the camera and I followed him into the bathroom and it was true, Tristan was shaving.
I so wanted to be the one to remove those 3 chin hairs!
Now Tristan thinks it is cool to feel the stubble of his 'stache' with his tongue. Whatever! He is such a great kid!

3 comments:

Ali the B. said...

shaving, dating, holy cow!! This is going to be me in a few years, please tell me I can call you for advice!! :)

Unknown said...

I love being able to hear about your daily musings and exciting moments. I try to read yours and mikes blog each time you post. It makes me miss you all more and more. love you guys.

Sassy said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your first shave Tristan. And to my secret pen pal thank you for the wonderful scentsy. I love that cranberry mango. And Zach likes it too so it makes it that much better. I love you guys. Wish you were retired and could spend a month with us. !!LOVE YOU
Shawny