About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Finally finished.


I finished Cotton's denim quilt just in time. Tomorrow he will be 16 years old and he asked for a denim quilt, so he is getting one.
This project took 18 pairs of jeans from 3 generations to get enough squares. I used black binky material for the back and it is super soft. I used felt to bind it and I am so glad it is done.
Today I rewarded myself for my dedication and perseverance by going to the Quilting Cottage and purchasing some applique' glue for my next project, actually, this will be the 3rd year of working on Rabbits prefer chocolate ( cute Easter quilt) and I will show you when I finish it this Spring. My baby is going to be 16, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Vickie, it's gorgeous! I'm so jealous of your (and your lovely sister, Lori's) talent. I've gotta learn to quilt!

Erin. said...

It's beautiful....I'd like a lesson myself! Cotton is so lucky to have such a talented mother and one who would devote so much time for this project. Good Momma!

Carolee said...

This will truly be a treasure for him even though it will end up on the floor with dirty socks on it:) Your the woman! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COTTON.

mountainrunnermike said...

Vickie,
I am so blessed tohave you for my wife. I will never forget when you were in labor for so long to bring the first of our boys into the world, on your birthday. It blows me away that you can sacrifice so much and never ask for anything in return. You truly know what unconditional love is. I am so blessed to have you marry me. You will always be my sweet bride. I love you with all my heart. Happy Birthday.
Mike
Ha