About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Grandpa Pineda


Last night I had the opportunity to say goodbye to my Grandpa Pineda. He passed away just before midnight from heart failure, he was 85. Grandpa was the last surviving granparent and now that generation is gone. It is a sad time when you have an entire generation no longer on this earth.
This morning I had the opportunity to go to a session at the Draper Temple. I felt peace there and I am thankful for the opportunity to be there. The members that volunteer at the temple were so kind, sweet, and loving, I felt right at home.
I know my Grandpa Pineda is in a wonderful place and I am glad for him.

5 comments:

mountainrunnermike said...

Vickie,

Sorry about your grandpa. I was so proud of you to se you at the temple after what happened last night with Grandpa Pineda.

Love you.
MRM

Carolee said...

I'm so sorry about Grandpa Pineda. He was a sweet and shy man who always had a smile. I'm sure heaven is having a fiesta in celebration of his return (at least grandma is) She probably had a big pot of frijoles and her delicious warm tortillas just a waitin' for him. My sympathy for you, your mom, and your family. Love ya.

Lori Villarreal said...

vick what an awesome tribute to grandpa. you are the best. Love you

Unknown said...

Dear Vickie. My sympathies to you and your family. I only met him once but thought he was a sweet courtly gentleman. It a great blessing that we know he is with your grandma and is looking down on his wonderful family. Love and blessings, Linda and Gary Sant

Sassy said...

I was so sorry to hear.....bless his ♥.