About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Thursday, November 5, 2009


I am thankful for candied sweet potatoes. Last night we had meatloaf with bacon on top YUM, candied sweet potatoes, and green beans that we canned this summer for dinner (Carolee, I' m not sure if you remember but dinner is the thing you make in the evening for your starving family that you love and you don't have to own a duster to do it). Mike made the sweet potatoes and they were heavenly. Here is the recipe for y'all.

Candied sweet potatoes

4 medium sweet potatoes

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

3 T. butter

1/2 cup chopped nuts or tiny marshmallows

1. Peel fresh sweet potatoes; cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Cook covered in enough boiling water to cover for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender; drain.

2. Transfer potatoes to a 2-quart baking dish. Add brown sugar and melted butter; stir gently to combine. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are glazed, stirring gently twice. Sprinkle with nuts or marshmallows; bake 5 minutes longer.

3 comments:

Erin. said...

Sounds like a lovely dinner. Much more appetizing than the tacos (I did make them - no Del Taco)we had for dinner. Today, I am grateful for Nie Nie's post. Did you read it yet?? See you at the bee.

Me said...

YUM! I love Sweet Potatoes! They are the best thing ever! Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try it! YUMMY!

Sassy said...

You could replace Carolee's name with Kayola....LOL man lately popcorn is a hot cooked meal...I wanna be one of your lucky and I'm sure....thankful kids!