About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Wallace the *%#@ eating puppy

This is our puppy Wallace, he will be one year old next month and I have hated him for most of his life. When we brought him home he was so sweet and cute and he had huge paws. This Spring when he started to grow he was clumsy and cute. By summer he had a bad habit of rushing the kitchen door when we opened it, if Tristan doesn't lock the back garage door when he is getting food ready for the dogs Wallace will jump at the door and knock it open to get to the food. Tristan has received bumps on the forehead from the door hitting him HARD when he has been in front of it when Wally has done this.
I think the day I saw Wallace choosing to have a breath mint courtesy of our other dog MaryJane's bowel movement that had hardened from the summer sun was when I knew he was the devil.
Now that it is Fall a strange thing is happening with Wally, he will actually hold still long enough to let me pet his head and I can tell him to sit and he will obey. Yesterday morning I actually thought he was a cute dog again. I hope he continues to mellow out and one day I may be able to walk out the kitchen door without Wallace jumping up and sharing the breath mint with me.

1 comment:

Erin. said...

Welcome, welcome!! I love it and I love your stories about Wallace the naughty dog! What would life be like without poopy breathmints? Boring. Boring. Love the blog and love your family!