About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Good!



Today is Saturday and we had a Trunk or Treat at our church. We shared lunch of homemade soups and rolls. I signed up to make rolls. My sister Lori is the roll princess and I used her recipe. I will share this recipe with you in this post. Anywho, we went to the church and the kids went from car to car 'trunk or treating', something about seeing children at Halloween helps you to remember that life is good.

French Bread or Hard rolls

5 c. flour, divided

1 T. yeast

1 T. salt

1 T. Sugar

1 T. Shortening

2 1/2 cups warm water

In large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour and yeast. Heat 2 1/2 cups warm water, sugar, salt and shortening just until shortening almost melts. Add to dry mixture. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl. Mix in remaining flour to make soft dough, approximately 2 cups. Knead for 5 minutes. Shape into ball. Place in lightly greased bowl. cover and let rise 1 hour or until double in size. Punch down. Divide and form loaves or roll into balls. Cover and let rise in warm place until double or about 1 hour. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes; brush with melted butter. MMMMMMM good.

1 comment:

Erin. said...

I will be trying this recipe within the week...I will let you know how it goes, as I know that my opinion matters! Har Har!