About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rollercoaster

This is Harley. She made this costume all by herself to wear at the 'Trunk or Treat' last Saturday. What a creative gal (tomboy) she is.
Can I tell you that the way she looks is the way I feel today. I feel like I have been hit in the head by a fast moving skateboard and I feel like I have been thrown from a ramp in to oncoming traffic. We all have days like this but this one has been worse than most.
There is a movie called Parenthood with Steve Martin and his Grandma takes turns living with his family and his sibling's families, anywho the character that Steve plays is Gil. Gil and his wife are different in the fact that Gil is very uptight about life and his wife tries hard to enjoy it. The grandma comes into the room while Gil is telling his wife how life is messy and what if this or what if that happens, he is worried about the situation they are living through at the time, and the Grandma says something similar to this:
"Your grandfather and I loved to go to the fair, there were all kinds of rides. I liked the rollercoaster it went up high and went down very low, people would scream to be let off because they didn't like it, but I loved it". Grandma leaves to get in the car (the family is going to Gil's young daughter's play) and Gil's wife says "your grandma is Brilliant". Gil proceeds to comment on how grandma doesn't know what she's talking about and "If grandma is so brilliant why is she sitting in the neighbor's car?"
I love that part!
So, life is a rollercoaster, sometimes it's high and sometimes it is low but for goodness sake I need to try and enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

Erin. said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that has a bad day here and there - I have a head cold and felt like being in bed all day. But, us moms don't get a sick day. I did, however, make myself a big cauldron of piping hot chicken noodle soup from scratch and also a batch of Lion House Rolls to go with it. Now that I have gained 10 lbs. from the 5 rolls that I ate....I feel much better. If you lived closer I would bring you some....and the hand back to each other book titled: The Blue Day Book. Love you Vick!

Erin. said...

I sent you a present on my blog...look and see!!

Carolee said...

I thought you hate rollercoasters. You get vertigo. This ride is different. I'm sure you feel as dizzy as a vertigo episode that knocks you on your *#! but hang in there. I know how strong you are and you have friends who love you forever.
p.s. check the safe:)