About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Chili and breadsticks

I have great pics to go with this post however, my computer won't compute the images for me. Both of these recipes are yummy and I hope you will try them.

Chili

1 pound ground beef
1 small sweet oniln chopped
1/2 t. chili powder.

Brown the above ingredients, drain, and put in dutch oven or pot.
Then add:

1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. curry
1 clove garlic pressed
1 16 oz. can kidney beans, undrained
1 16 oz. can pinto beans, undrained
1 16 oz. can black beans, undrained
1 16 oz jar tomatoes
Salt, garlic salt and pepper to taste.

Simmer for at least 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream and grated cheese.


Breadsticks

1/2 cups warm water
2 T. sugar
1 T. yeast

Combine in small bowl and let stand until bubbly.
Pour into large bows and add:

1 t. salt
3-3 1/2 cups flour

Mix together, and then knead for 5 minutes. Place back into large bowl, cover with a damp towel and let stand about q- minutes. Grease 9 x 15 jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Press dough into pan and cut into sticks. ( a pizza cutter works well.) Melt 1/2 cup butter and pour over dough. Sprinkle with garlic powder or salt and parmesan cheese. Let raise 10-20 minutes. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Bread sticks will tear apart for serving.

4 comments:

Carolee said...

Sounds yummy. I will archive this delightful fall staple, however, a picture is worth a thousand words so I will have to use my imagination on the final product:)

Erin. said...

This may be our dinner for tonight. If and when I find all my soup recipes, I will be sure to pass one or two along. The chili sounds divine and this has been my fav breadstick recipe for years now. I think I got it from you when we lived in Vineyard....can't wait to have them again!

Sassy said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....I can not wait for it to cool down so we can eat like this again....I am so sick of this heat!!!!! I may go ahead and make this...my mouth is watering.........forget the cooler temps....

sQuish8 said...

Mmmmmmm that sounds yummy. I will have to try that one. Sounds great for winter.