About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dahlias



So, aren't these dahlias beautiful? My papa had the length of his yard planted with these and cannas and this time of year people would admire his flowers. My mom gave me 3 bulbs this spring from my papa's dahlias and these are the results. I like to bring a bloom into my home to remind us of papa.

4 comments:

Carolee said...

I too get to enjoy Papa's dahlias. I need to separate them and re-transplant them. We'll talk at the bee Fri. as how to do it without killing them. C U then:)

Tanya said...

Those are beautiful! What a great way to remember your papa! :)

Candace said...

You aresuch a cute suzie homemaker! Your my Idol! I hope I am like you! I've been bottling and canning but I dont really enjoy it much!! :) Hope your doing good!! miss ya!

Sassy said...

So GORGEOUS!!!! I ♥ being a preserver of memories as well.....what a great reminder of your Papa....