About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Faith and Carrots

Last May Mike and I planted a row of carrot seeds and waited patiently for them to sprout. After about 2 1/2 weeks we started to think that maybe hadn't watered them enough or that they blew away in the wind because there was no sign of sprouting seeds. Soon after that we were so excited when they DID sprout.

4 months later, this morning Mike harvested these beauties. They smell so sweet and they are incredibly tender. Justus has loved going out to the garden and pulling out a huge carrot and nibbling away. MaryJane and Wally also have enjoyed carrots, tiny tomatoes and crook neck squash out of the garden.

Wow, look at these bright, beautiful happy carrots ready to be put on the shelf and enjoyed throughout the winter months. What if we had given up on those tiny seeds that we thought might have blown away? What if we had not continued to water the ground where we knew we had planted the seeds? We would not have had the joy of picking, cleaning and bottling these yummy carrots, and we would have missed out on the awesome testimony builder of how faith is like a seed, plant it, care for it, and watch it grow. Love that.

2 comments:

Erin. said...

They are beautiful and I am jealous. Eat a carrot for me.

Sassy said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh MY STARS!!!!! You are AMAZING! Love the FAITH picture and the carrots are yummy looking and they are so beautiful in the jars all done up.....please come be my neighbor....so you can rub off on me....I ♥ YOU! And I still ♥ my beautiful bag/purse that you made.....AMAZING I tell ya!!!!!!!