About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Peaches & Peach jam

My dear sweet mom gave me peaches this week. When your mom gives you peaches, make lemonade - I mean peacheade. Mike and I canned 14 quarts together and it was a great date.

I made peach jam from a recipe of my Great Grandma Jones'. This recipe uses no pectin so you cook the jam until the natural pectin is in the jam. This took 3 1/2 hours, but I will tell you the jam is delicious! The recipe calls for cinnamon sticks and whole cloves that you add to the peaches and sugar to cook and you do not remove them, also marshcino cherries and lemon juice. My Great Grandma Jones babysat me from 3 years old until I went to kindergarten and when I tasted this jam I had a bunch of great memories flood my head. MMMMMMMMMM good.

3 comments:

Erin. said...

I must admit that my favorite part of canning anything is how it looks all lined up on the countertop. Your peaches, I mean bottles of peaches, are beautiful. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Carolee said...

Now you're starting to piss me off. How can I keep up with that? I noticed that Smuckers has a beautiful peach jam on sale at the Maceys Case Lot Sale. That may be where it's at for me this year:)
C U tomorrow!!

Hezstone said...

I second Carolee! You are now a "status"...when people say, wow Heather-good job, I will say, someday I hope to be a Vickie! *Sigh*