About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Monday, July 20, 2009

If friends were flowers I'd pick you





I have been making these sweet flower pens for about 2 weeks and they have been fun to watch turn into a flower.
Friday Erin, Carolee and I got together for a quilting bee. We started off with a fieldtrip to Material Girls an awesome fabric/quilting store in South Jordan and of course after that a trip to Cafe' Rio for dinner.
We came to my home and worked on separate projects and then we all worked on these cute flowers, and of course I had to sew the Star Trek sign on one of Justus' shirts, he is very much into Star Trek. We had a great time sewing and giggling. Friends - GOOD, Alone - BAD.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm jealous. I went searching for a quilting store today and all i ended up with was Joanns. Love the flowers too. miss ya.

Erin. said...

I'm looking forward to our next "bee" together....it was and always is, a blast with you ladies. And, why didn't someone tell me that my boobs look extra large in that shirt????

Laura J said...

How cute! It makes me wish I was better at sewing.

Carolee said...

Thanks for the flower tutorial. I had such a great time. I can't wait to see what fun new adventure the next "bee" will bring. p.s. Erin, those aren't boobs, it's Cafe Rio. We were all wearing it:)

Jackie said...

I am sooo sick of you not getting my hints!!!! Here we go again!!
HINT HINT - I am a teacher and would LOVE (REPEAT LOVE) a flower pen - then I could think of you all day in my new room!@@ So if you don't get this, maybe your wonderful sister Lori will!!! Love ya - Jackie

Tanya said...

Cute, cute, cute... if friends were flower pens I'd pick you and I might even accidentally put you in my purse and take you home!!

kms said...

On Lori's recommendation I hit Material Girls when I was in Utah and was SO delighted to see Cafe Rio across the way. Enjoyed both... a lot.

Love the pens.

-Kathy (Lori and Vicki's wanna be sister)

Sassy said...

♥ ♥ ♥ those.....I want one....in Mary Engelbreit fabric....so dang cute!!!! I want to be part of your "bees".....