About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Apricot Jam

This morning I made delicious Apricot jam. This is my sweet mom's recipe and it is extra yummy because it has crushed pineapple and orange Jello added to it to make it puckery. Imagine making sweet and sour chicken with this added, think we will have it tonight with rice and Zukes from the garden. I would like to share the recipe with you.This recipe makes 14-15 pints of jam. I love that you don't add pectin to it, therefore you don't have to go to Wal-mart and swear out loud when the pectin is all bought up.
The Jello makes it a bright orange color which adds to the taste too.
Boil, boil, toil and trouble. Make sure you chant this out loud while stirring and add a cackle at the end.

Amanda's Apricot Jam1/2 cup lemon juice
2 large boxes orange Jello
5 20 oz.cans crushed pineapple, drained
10 cups chopped apricots
15 cups sugar ( this is not a type-o, really 15 cups sugar)

Bring above ingredients, except Jello to a boil and boil for 20 minutes stirring constantly. After 20 minutes of boiling add Jello.
Pour into pint jars, seal and hot water bath for 10 minutes. Enjoy!



Sweet and Sour Chicken

1 cup apricot jam
1 cup Russian or Catalina salad dressing
1/4 cup water
1 packet onion soup mix

Put chicken pieces in baking dish and and pour mixed above ingredients over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered, total cook time 1 hour. Serve with rice. YUM!

5 comments:

Annie said...

You damn crafty girls!!!! You sisters make the cutest/yummiest things. I plan to make the chicken, but the jam just looks like an accident waiting to happen in my world.

OK...I need cooking lessons, sewing lessons, mom lessons. How much do you charge?

XOXO
Ann

Me said...

YUM!! I want to try both of these recipes! Thanks for sharing!

Carolee said...

Martha, Martha, Martha. You a busy gal. With a fresh batch of bread I think it must be heaven to live at your house.

Lori Villarreal said...

I hope you are bringing me a jar of that beautiful jam!!!!!

Sassy said...

Serious....I agree with Annie....that looks DE-LISH!!!! The recipe's sound soooooooooo yummy! Did I say agree with Annie????? 'Dayummmmmmmmmmmm' girls you're killin' me....