About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Service




Friday I had the opportunity to serve at the Lindon cannery. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has opportunities where people can make appointments to serve at their cannery, dry pack cannery. We produced vegetable soup. I watched missionaries who work at the cannery bring in 50# boxes of potatoes, wash them, put them into machinery that peels the vegetables, then ingredients go into the cans, hot broth added, lids adhered and the date printed on each can and then into pressure canners. I served for 2 1/2 hours and 5,000+ cans of soup were produced while I was there. I love going to the cannery, I was so excited to go.

On the funny side of it all while working, I started whistling the theme song from AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN and waited patiently for Richard Gere to come and take me away from reality of veggies, broth and barley, he never came, so I started whistling SHE WORKS HARD FOR HER MONEY by Donna Summers - giggled to myself and knew in my heart that no one in the cannery was feeling as much joy as me.

3 comments:

Lori Villarreal said...

She works hard for the money,so hard for her money. You looked so cute!

Carolee said...

Amanda, you are funny:)

Erva Fitzsimmons said...

I surely do know why my son loves you so much. You are such and awesome and fun loving girl! Erva