About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Dew



I purchased a WONDERFULLY INSPIRING book yesterday. Saying it Like it is by Sheri Dew. Can I tell you that every single quote I have read so far is a testimony to me of my Savior's love for me and every other woman.
I have loved Sheri Dew for many years, infact I had the opportunity to meet her with my friend Carolee years ago and I told Sister Dew that meeting her was better than meeting Donny Osmond (I think she liked that comment).
Each quote is paired with a picture and some of the pictures have special meanings to "The Dew" she lists these in the back of the book and tells their significance to her.
Challenge #1 Please find this book and purchase it for yourself and your family and set it in a place that everyone can see it each day and read a quote from it. I love it!

Qoute from page 49
We are here to influence the world rather than to be influenced by the world. If we could unleash the full influence of covenant-keeping women, the Kingdom of God would change overnight.

2 comments:

mountainrunnermike said...

My mother must have had the same spirit, cuz she always said she could knock me into next week.

Vickie, I am so proud of you.
Mike

Carolee said...

Love "The Dew". She is my hero. She always keeps perspective with her eye on the true prize. I will have to pick up her new volume of inspiration.
Here, I'll take initiative on the quilting bee.
Your house first, since you have all the stuff (we well bring our machines) then my house, then Erin. Sound good? Water will be served. Hard stuff in a paper bag:)