About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Night


Tonight I spotted the first blooming Shasta daisy of the season in my yard and had to share it with you.
While I was taking pictures in the yard I spied Huck the cat drinking from the bird bath by my front door, what a character. I wonder if it tastes like bird broth?

I decorated my $15 bike that I purchased from my cousin Trenton's yard sale left overs. I have wanted a vintage bike for many years and I finally found one. My favorite part of this bike is the reflector on the back fender. Isn't it sweet? Mike and I went for a bike ride before I started decorating my sweet ride for Independence day and this bike is a keeper.


Do you remember being a little kid and decorating your bike with crepe paper for the children's parade? To make this bike complete I just need a clothes pin to attach a card to the spokes so everyone will hear me coming! Have a wonderful 4th.


5 comments:

Joan said...

Vickie - I wish I had half of your creativity and talent for posting lovely things!

Carolee said...

she is adorable and a keeper indeed. Happy 4th!

tammy said...

That bike totally took me back! Even before your text loaded I was remembering the crepe paper decorations we'd put on our bikes! I was so sad when they banned bikes from the parade. Have a happy Fourth! It's my favorite holiday!

mountainrunnermike said...

You never seem to amaze me. I bet you were the girl in 5th grade that was so creative, while I drew stick figures.
I do love you with ALL my heart!
MRM

Sassy said...

OHHHHH my stinkin' stars!!!! SOOOOO DANG CUTE!!!!