About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Purple Turtle


When I was very young my Nanny and Papa would drive from American Fork to Pleasant Grove to the Purple Turtle to take us for an ice cream cone. Sometimes we would have Sherbet and sometimes ice cream. I remember the cones being so big.
We went for a 'cone' last night and I ordered a large one. Holy cow, I was almost embarrassed when the gal brought my cone to me because I am accustomed to the wimpy cones that every other establishment serves. I had no problem eating it and now I will forever be loyal to the Purple Turtle for a 'cone'. Love you Mr. Turtle.

4 comments:

tammy said...

Ahh.....Purple Turtle. Or as my Grandma used to insist it was called: The Green Frog. She never could figure that one out......I particularly remember their raspberry sherbet cones. Good times......

Carolee said...

I think they have figured out how to put a whole quart of icecream on that cone. Oh, baby! looks delicious:)

Tanya said...

Now that's a cone...

Me said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Purple Turtle! My friend's dad is the owner. Good thing it's a bit of a drive for me. Otherwise, I'd be going there a LOT! YUM!