About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Welcome Home Paola!

Yesterday was a magical, miraculous day. My sweet friend Paola was able to come home from the hospital. She has been diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancer that is found mostly in young children and it shows absolutely no warning signs until it has bloomed. She has had one round of chemo and a blood transfusion. Her grandparents traveled from Mexico and family has traveled from California to help this family through a difficult time.
I cannot look at this picture of my sweet friend coming home without getting emotional. I love her so much.




















Here is Paola's father driving home with Paola and her mom in the van. I can't imagine the feeling he is going through bringing his only daughter home.














Here are some of Paola's cousins and brothers waiting so patiently for their family to arrive. These funny little boys had drawn tattoo hearts all over the body to show Paola their love.




















Earlier in the day I had told Cotton and Tristan that Paola's cousin had let Paola shave her head because Paola's hair is starting to fall out. Cotton immediately said he wanted to shave his head to support Paola and Tristan loved the idea.

















We had a sweet time together doing this. My heart is full when I look at my sons' shiny heads. I am so grateful for them. Paola has a long road ahead of her and she will be in our families prayers. Love you Paola.

3 comments:

Suzanne C said...

AWESOME of your boys to shave their heads! Very sweet! Oh, that little girl! Lots of prayers for her and her family.

Carolee said...

That is awesome! Way to show your support C & T!! Glad little Paola is home. I hope her recovery continues well:)

Tanya said...

So glad she is home with her family. What sweet boys you have.