About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Please read this blog from bottom to top, otherwise, it will not make much sense.

Mike's feet show the effects of running, especially the pinky toes with fungus and all. Running for 32 hours straight through sun, rain, etc. can make a toenail look like this, not to mention 8-9 lost toenails from constant pounding of nail against shoe while running downhill. Did I mention the bleeding nipples? Mike has not received much sympathy from his wife re: these painful things, because I have always thought that Mike chose to do this to his body for the love of running.
I used orange for the sashing between the t-shirt squares becaus alot of the squares have orange somewhere on them. Now for those of you who are more interested in the running than the quilting, I asked Mike how many miles he ran during the time of training and running of the races and he came up with 14,400 miles over eight years.
This is a t-shirt quilt that I made for Mike for Father's Day. He has been saving his t-shirts from ultra-running races that he has participated in since 2001 for this quilt. I felt a little sad cutting up his shirts that mean so much to him but the finished quilt turned out so great and he loves it.
Happy Father's Day to all Dads everywhere! I love my Dad he is the best. I also love my 3 son's Dad, he is great!

6 comments:

Erin. said...

I have been saving all of Jake's baseball jerseys since he was little in the hopes that by the time he graduates from high school, I will be an excellent quilter and will be able to do the same t-shirt quilt. So.....when's the next bee???? Hint, Hint... Mike's quilt is beautiful, as is all of your work. What a good wife you are.

Tanya said...

Sorry, I couldn't get past the first picture to finish reading the post!! JK. What a great idea for a quilt..it looks awesome!!

sQuish8 said...

Mikey needs a pedicure. I love the quilt. One of my best memories is being on his first aid team. I keep the picture of him and I hugging at the finish line displayed in my living room.

Carolee said...

Man, oh man. I can't get past the toes. Love the quilt. And yes to the bag holder (Moda). When and where? Erin and I need to finish up our runners too:)

Sassy said...

That is a wonderful and thoughtful gift....I love it! I wish I had that drive that makes people run like that....

You are running over with talented my friend!

Laura Johnson said...

Ewww! I guess no sandals for Mike. Cute quilt though.