About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Coke Cake

Yesterday Justus turned 12. He celebrated his day in the Lehi round-up parade, at the skate park with friends for his friend party and then a Party with family and grandparents. Justus wanted a Coke Cake this year and that is what he received. I have included the recipe in this post. This is the moistest chocolate cake you will ever eat.
Tristan is a great brother, Justus only has 10 fingers to show how old he is so Tristan added 2 of his to help out.
Justus loves his Dad and Mike thinks the world of his baby Justus.
Grandpa Frank is a shy man but, he has learned in his wise years that it is o.k. to show you love your grandson.

COKE CAKE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare one 9x13" cake pan.
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 t. salt
Mix together and set aside.

In a separate pan, heat until butter melts
1 cup butter
3 T. cocoa
1 cup Coke
then add
1 1/2 mini marshmallows

Add warm mixture to flour mixture and mix for one minute, then add
1/2 cup buttermilk ( I add vinegar to regular milk )
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
and mix for 2 minutes.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Poke holes in cake with fork and frost while cake is warm.

Frosting
1/4 cup margarine
2 T. Coke
1 T. cocoa
2 cups powdered sugar
chopped nuts ( optional )

2 comments:

Me said...

YUM! Coke cake sounds so good! I'm gonna try it for sure!

Sassy said...

Everything tastes better with a coke.....what a cutie and I love the pic of him and grandpa....I'm sure he remembers me...I am the other daughter who he is making the cute little bed for...LOL