About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Boys and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last Weekend my family and I took a quick trip to Phoenix for my great-niece Bella's blessing. This is a 11-12 hour drive but so worth it to be there for this sweet event. My parents have been in Phoenix for two months and I was excited to see them too. Here is my beautiful mom feeding beautiful Bella.
After the blessing we had a yummy lunch of ham, potato salad, pistachio salad, rolls, dips with chips and french bread and these yummy cookies. We made 2 batches of cookies, each had 6 cups of flour in them and they were eaten immediately by all.
Aunt Lori makes sure she has chocolate syrup for Justus when he comes. He has a problem with chocolate milk.


J.J. my nephew is a sweetheart with a goofy sense of humor.


Cotton and Jacob, can you say TROUBLE?!!!





Tristan was excited that Meigen came home from school for the weekend.

I will post pics from the blessing day soon. Had so much fun. Here is the yummy cookie recipe, enjoy!
Mrs. Field's Cookies
1 bloody pound of butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
2 T. vanilla
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
Beat sugars until smooth, add butter and cream well. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Add dry ingredients. Add 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Hide cookies in cupboard.





3 comments:

Carolee said...

I bloody gained 2 pounds just reading the recipe!! I will have to make those for sure. CC cookies are my favorite. looks like you had fun. glad your back.

Suzanne C said...

I was going to beg you for the recipe while stalking you on FB! You must have heard my mental pleas!

Sassy said...

Sadly I missed the cookies...but loved the spinach dip and bread....and the transformer blowing and Trinity worrying about Transformers in the neighborhood {bless her ♥}and seeing everybody...it was a wonderful morning......