About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Last night I finished the binding on this fun quilt.  I love it! 

I think this is my favorite block of stitching,  love her apron and the candy cane line.

This block reminds me of being hit in the eye by a snowball thrown by a very mean boy at Greenwood Elementary school during lunch recess in the third grade.  As you can tell the scene will forever be crystal clear in my mind.

I loved adding the satin to a few of the pieced blocks.

Brr... snow everywhere this morning,  worked out perfect for pics of the quilt. 
Did you know that birds eat these Pyrocantha berries in the winter and they get a little drunk from them?  You learn something new every day.

I love my MaryJane.  I know she would love to quilt with me if she could.  Have a wonderful Monday! 

4 comments:

Carolee said...

Now that makes all the hours of work worth it. She turned out just beautiful!!

Lori Villarreal said...

Just beautiful my sister! You do great work. Ilove you so much

tammy said...

So beautiful!! There aren't enough years left in my life to make all the quilts I want to make, but I think I'd make room for this one! Great job!

Hezstone said...

WOW! That's gorgeous!! Good work. Happy Thanksgiving! xx