About Me

My photo
United States
Wife of Mountain Runner Mike,mother of Cotton, Tristan, and Justus. Lover of family and friends. SuperStar Director of an awesome Scentsy team. I can bake a beautiful loaf of bread, and love making my house a home. Come and sit a while.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Half white, half wheat

I baked bread last week.  My boys came home from school and ate a loaf with butter and strawberry freezer jam.  This bread makes a to-die-for grilled cheese sandwich too.


6 cups warm water
14-ish cups of flour (6 white and 8 wheat)
2/3 cup honey
2 T. salt
2 T. SAF yeast
2 T. dough enhancer
6 quarter sized filled in circles of liquid soy lecithin

Start with water in bowl and add 3 cups each of white and wheat flour, yeast and dough enhancer.  Mix til combined, then let sponge for 10-15 minutes.
Add honey salt and lecithin, squirt the lecithin into the bowl in a filled circle the size of a quarter times 6 and mix with kneading paddle for 8-10 minutes. 
Grease pans and form dough into loaves.  I usually get 4 loaves from this recipe.  Cover and let raise until double in size and put into a cold oven.  Bake at 350 degrees for 37 minutes. 

No comments: